This is a non-interactive banner format. The banner can change its content during its delivery without any need for re-approval. The content update is done automatically in the background. Typically, this type of advertisement is ideal for example for e-shops, where the client can flexibly modify the current advertisement to promote their goods.
Dynamic HTML banner is composed of a HTML template with the respective graphics. The content of the banner is defined via XML file placed on customer’s server. The correctness of XML is checked by Seznam’s advertising system; If the definition of the banner in XML file does not match the template, the last correct banner will be published, or the last correct XML.
General rules for creating ad formats, as well as the valid limits for the given type of advertisement should be observed. It is not possible to display erotic ads as dynamic HTML banners (i.e. erotic lingerie, special food supplements, etc.).
The system downloads the XML document from the client’s server in a set time interval (standard interval is 10 minutes) One individual XML document has to be generated for each banner.
The data from this XML document will subsequently be used in the banner template and, as a result, a new banner will be ready for publishing.
Important information for dynamic ad delivery
To have a dynamic ad published, the client has to send the below listed items at least five days before launching the campaign:
- Dynamic banner preview
Static HTML banner code together with static images, which do not change dynamically (logo, banner background, etc.).
- Description of static and dynamic parts of the dynamic banner (template)
A specification of the changing parts of the banner must be delivered as a XML document. (pictures, texts, URL, etc.). Description must comply with the rules for templates listed below.
- URL from which XML will be downloaded
The XML file, which will subsequently be downloaded, will be placed on this URL (created in compliance with the specifications listed below).
Example of dynamic HTML banner
Marking dynamic parts of the template
Each XML creative will be substituted with a macro with ascending numerical index:
XML for creatives: <creative seq-no="1" …> will be replaced in HTML template: <img src="__CREATIVE0__">
XML for click-throughs: <url seq-no="1"> will be replaced in HTML template: <a href="__CLICKTHRU0__">
Important! XML numbering stars with 1, but HTML with 0
Maximum number of characters for each creative must be stated in the documents.
It must be stated in the materials, if the image creatives should have a fixed or a variable size up to a given size limit (and its value in px) and maximum data size in kB, whereas the total data size must not exceed the data limit set for each banner size.
- HTML creative must be sized accordingly to the type of ad and the position, where it is going to be published.
- Cascade styles (CSS) must be used inline, i.e. in the line of the given tag (e.g..: <a style="color:#FF0">)
- Default value of update intervals is 600s (10 min).
- The utility for banner update is run every two minutes and checks, if any banner needs updating (it also tries to update all banners, where the last attempt to update was unsuccessful).
- Must be valid according to DTD file.
- Must be in utf-8 code.
- The URL, where the XML is located, must not be redirect and may comprise a maximum of 255 characters.
- It must contain a definition for each click-through, even of those, which do not change.
- The tag <banner> may be contained just once in the XML.
- Graphic creatives must have a correctly set mime-type and size, see chart below.
- Text creatives must have a correctly set mime-type, see chart below.
List of permitted mime-types
- The image size in XML must correspond with its physical size (e.g. if the following is given: mime-type="image__jpeg" width="110" height="65", the corresponding picture size must be 110×65 px).
- The sequence of the individual creatives has to be as follows: all creatives first (images, texts) followed by all URL.
- Numbering of creatives is ascending and starts with number 1, as well as all URL are numbered in the same way starting from 1.
- Image mime-type in XML must correspond with the physical image (for a JPG image the following must be given: mime-type="image__jpeg", mime-type for GIF will be ="image__gif" and mime-type for PNG will be ="image__png").
- "&" character in URL must be replaced by the entity "&".